Peru

Peru
Machu Picchu

Monday, September 19, 2016

A great week!

Hey guys. GOOD and a little bad news

So, bad news first, I don't have pics because they are all on my comps camera and he is at Machu Picchu today (he decided to go way early in his mission while he was in Cusco). So I am with Elder Zare for the day (he is from Peru).  It is great to be with him though, he is an awesome Elder.

Good news. Jeff answered my email re: rooming together after our missions at the U of U, so we are all set and should plan on rooming together! [Connor's friend is on his mission as well and they had been talking about rooming together, but Connor wanted to confirm just so he could be ready for making plans re: school attendance once he gets home.  Connor's friend Jeff was called to the Bangkok Thailand mission but was asked to switch to Myanmar mission about 1/2 way through so is learning Burmese language AFTER learning Thai.]

That is exciting right?

Right now I don't have my camera with me so can't really make a video for Addie's birthday.  But in the night I will have it and could do a video and send it via wifi.

Anyways this week was great!  I baptized another person, but it is on the camera of the other elder.
It was a 16 year old guy asked me to baptize him (even though I wasn't teaching him). Not too sure why, was a little weird, but he was just like "No, I want HIM to do it" Lol.

This week me and my companion invited 3 different people to baptism and they all accepted.

1. Christian Quispe: 24, Investigator, wife is less active, not married
2. Brady Trigoso: 13
3. Kasumi 16: A member referred us

We also talked with some new people that came to church, apparently they were RIGHT ABOUT to get baptized but then didn't get permission from their parents (they were under age of 18 at the time), but now they are living alone and 19 years old and want to come to church.

This week I did divisions with Elder Walker (new gringo in my district). He came to my sector.  It was a good experience and really funny, he just sorta followed me around and was trying to understand what I was saying (I guess that is how I was when I started).

My package got here, the pants fit me really well! (Maybe even a little big), but a LOT better. Thanks! The scarves are really nice :) I use them a ton.

This week was truly awesome. There is some serious potential for this next change here in our area.

Training has gotten pretty normal. Companionship study for 2 hours is sorta hard though.  I don't really know what to do sometimes to fill the entire time period!  Being a District Leader is still a little weird. People are always calling me now. Like Zone Leaders, other elders in the district, etc.. Leading and providing training in the district meetings is a little weird too, but they are pretty easy.

Elder Walker in my district (the greenie) is very cool and we like going on splits.  He is in his first change, in Villa Maria (here in Cusco).  He is still not really used to a lot of stuff. (All the dogs and stuff like that), so is funny to hear his reactions as we work in Cusco.

He is from the class of 2015. Pleasant Grove Utah. He pitched a year at BYU before coming on the mission.

It is SO WEIRD to see how we are from the same high school class but he has a year in college already done, while I am still on my mission. Was weird comparing stuff.

My clothes I came into the mission with are all pretty much altered and fit well now, I still have 2 pairs of pants left over at the house of the bishop that I am gonna pick up, but its all good.

I will definitely try to take some videos this week and share them.

I am just very happy right now.

We are having success as a companionship and as a district and my plans for after the mission are all going great! :)

I feel like my Spanish is so awesome. I really like learning more every day though.

I feel like I read (alright) (maybe equally) but I don't write as well as I speak. I don't know, I guess just less practice writing really, as like I don't know where the accents go on all the words that I know how to say because I haven't had to write them so much.

When people talk, I understand 95% of what they say. Sometimes they use like slang or something that I haven't learned yet.

I would really like to keep up my Spanish after my mission. Elder Kline still writes me once in a while (he is in BYU right now). He is in a Spanish class. He says there are a TON of ex gringo elders that served in the states (Spanish speaking) that know a lot of Spanish but don't have an accent. He says he just can talk circles around them though having served in Peru lol.

I would really like to keep it up, and maybe use it in my job if it were possible.

If you remember, before the mission, my eyesight was not perfect.  I remember its not like really bad, but it would with better with glasses.

I was really thinking after the mission to use contacts, what do you think? Maybe a pair of glasses for when I am in the house, but I really prefer contacts. Was just thinking because Elder Sanchez uses contacts, and says they are great.

I don't think my vision has gotten any "worse" in the mission, was just thinking.

Elder Ludlow has 2 weeks left on his mission!  

I bet I will see him before he goes home. He might come to the room to sleep the night.

Yeah, he goes home the 3rd. CRAZY. He had 9 months out when he was with me! And it just keeps going by faster!

Anyways, I am going to get off now, everyone is ready to go.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH
WILL SEND VIDEO TONIGHT
-CONNOR

TALK TO YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment