Peru

Peru
Machu Picchu

Monday, January 25, 2016

Juli

Good week here in Juli.

Our baptism went well on Sunday IN the lake! My companion did it, but I felt the water, pretty frikkin freezing lol.

[We asked for more details re: the baptism and for pictures -- but it looks like our emails were taking like 30 minutes or more to go back and forth - so we didn't get much in the way of "conversation" from Connor this week.]

[Update at 5:10 PM: We got additional emails from Connor -- those second round of emails are below this first round.]

How many missionaries are serving right now from this Poway ward? [For those of you who are interested -- this new ward we live in has 13 missionaries out -- including Connor in the mix.]  Random question too: About how many people attend our ward every sunday? I was wondering how many go compared to here.

I really like everything that came in the package, I love all the clothes haha.

Finally UoU came! [Connor was nervous -- but shouldn't have been re: acceptance to University of Utah] I still dont know what I want to study though, haha. Ive been thinking a lot about like stuff having to do with medicine, but im not sure, I want a job that obviously makes good $$$$ but is also interesting for me.  [Note from Dad:  So long as he studies anything that is not humanities or any of the other liberal arts -- is fine by me!]

How was your week?




Didn't see all these questions you wrote!

I know im gonna love Salt Lake!

My favorite girl scout cookies besides thin mints would be samoas I think.... mmmm I miss good food.

Changes were actually today, but me and my companion Elder Sanabria are staying together for 1 more, im okay with that..This change is gonna last until march 4. (Almost gonna be my 19th birthday!) (my 18th when we went to outback steakhouse feels like 1 month ago..lol)

But hey, something I really liked in the package was the clothes you sent, like the shirt. Do you think its possible to send shirts thats like a thin material (like the one I just received) but is LONG sleeve? Im not sure why but i think I like long sleeve shirts more right now, but like a thin material, not like a sweater. Sorry if it sounds like .......I dont know..hard to find or something but it would be awesome!

(me last week at those ruins)


"Awesome" new phone



Late Christmas photo


[Second round of emails]

Hi again!  So the power went out in the middle of our internet time when we were in Yunguyo for Pday, 3 hours later we are here in Juli and my companion didn't get to write his family so we are here again, you guys still here?

I like a lot of the ties, but I really like the two that have my name and the other one with the lama haha :)  [I had sent Connor another batch of ties, including one with a Llama on it and two "custom" ties of California and Peru from a website that let you embroider his name (Elder Barry) and mission (Peru Cusco) on the back of each tie -- links to each by clicking on "California" "Peru" and "website") :)]

I really liked the personalized ties though, were awesome!

So excited for Holland the 20th, every missionary in the entire mission is going to be there!

But lol, those guys in the mexican restaurant .....i cant wait to get back and be able to understand people like that.  [This was in response to my email re: at lunch I had a few spanish speaking guys who I think were talking about the gringo ordering in the hole in wall mexican place.]

Today there were some prob around 14 year old kids in yunguyo, and they were just staring and me and starting muttering amongst themselves, all I heard was the occasional "gringo" here and there, I just looked at them and said, "You guys know I understand you right (in Spanish)?", sheesh their cheeks turned rosy read and they just looked at each other, didnt know what to say lol!

There are some pics from the baptism too, but on my comps camera, hes gonna pass me them right now.





This is the family of the girl who got baptized...

The dad in the photo is the owner of the house we live in, he is the ex-mayor here in Juli, so he is known by like the whole town, pretty cool

So 6 more weeks in this change with my comp and I am HAPPY!  I will try and use the voice recorder throughout this week, love all you guys!  [We got about a 3 minute audio clip of Connor and his companion basically yucking it up for the recording / practicing English.  We loved IT!]

No comments:

Post a Comment