Peru

Peru
Machu Picchu

Monday, March 28, 2016

Package Arrived

Emailing late, but HI!

So first of all, super happy for the package, and everything arrived good! Zone leaders called today (Elder Ludlow) and apparently my package was held up in customs, and was there for a while. To take it out the mission had to pay 17 soles, so I owe that to them, but its alright, just happy everything arrived!
This week was a good week, we didn't really have too many visits or anything, so Sunday afternoon we were looking at our fairly weak numbers and decided to just go out and contacted. We contacted like 40 people in a couple hours, best we can do if we don't have any appointments.

Mission President came to our house this week and we had interviews with him in our room. Was cool, as always. 

Crazy to think we are already going to have another genereal conference already. but I guess the last one I was with Elder Ludlow still... :)

Im really loving Elder Bordon he is legit such a good guy, we get along so well. I would say right up along there with Elder Ludlow and I. 

Only video I have is when we were coming back from Puno today, we played soccer. We took a MotoTaxi. I usually dont take them because they are complete garbage and it feels like you are about to tip over, but we were low on cash haha.



ohhhh, and tell Aunt Margie thanks for those little gifts, I was thinking they were from Addy, but explains a lot lol. 

Im also super happy the ipod and the speaker work with the power voltage here. 

I didnt really do anything special for the birthday..........I did get egged by the owner of the house and his family though, apparently its a "tradition" here but I think they just did it to see me get egged. Was fun washing egg out of white shirts. But they also bought be an actual cake from Puno. The dad apparently traveled to Puno in his car (around 1 hour) and bought a cake that said "Feliz Cumpleaños Elder Barry". was legit haha. Thats about all though. 


Crazy how we are already going to be using skype in a little more than a month, time passes by quick! I think I will still be with Elder Bordon, I feel we got 1 more together, 4 changes in Juli and then a change to....CUSCO OR PUERTO MALDONADO please!

Yep, hair stuff is right! Im so excited to come back and get my hair cut real nice, here they just say.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm, they look at you for a bit, and then they just start cutting "according to what you said" though. Really fun, a new elder who just finished his training, Elder Stringham, recently got his hair cut for the first time. If you have seen the movie, "The Best Two Years", he reminds me of Elder Rogers and hes just starting his mission lol. But it was funny, he said to the person, "I want my hair like that", and he pointed to a sample picture they have. I think it turned out the COMPLETE OPPOSITE from what the picture showed, and I just said to him, "Welcome to Peru" with a smile lol. 

I sold Elder Ludlow the old Ipod when he delivered my package. They had to come with Presidente Harbertson and we did a little behind the table deal when no one was looking haha.I sold it to him for 100 soles, which is like 33 bucks. I dont think I really won anything out of that trade, but I feel like I owe him for being such an awesome trainer to me :P Im just happy with the new one and that everything works well! 

Elder Powell whispered to me today when we were in Puno, "Hey guess what. My mom bought me an Iphone this week :P" with a grin.. He is going to be ending his mission in the July group and his parents are already buying him his stuff hahaha...

Interesting experience last night too........

So last night me and my companion were in our beds, and we had our heads somewhat outside the window like we always do, just looking around. So these 2 old ladies come from around the corner, and literally squat down and basically urinated in the street!  We obviously cant see anything because it was an old peruvian women who uses the giant dress but it was real gross. Even worse, she WIPED with her dress after. Me and my companion just started at each other a solid 30 seconds after and bursted out laughing...I dont understand the Peruvian Culture sometimes, but that is how it is lol. I can tell I am never going to forget some of this stuff hahahaha.

Well our time is up.  Love you.  Please tell Addy and Josh I love them and miss playing with them.

If its a possibility. Can you ask Josh to send me an Email this week? Just tell him I want him to write me telling me what games he is playing right now and how the games are!

I havent heard from that guy in forever....


No comments:

Post a Comment